You will be working with a small team to design and build web applications that will integrate with our current infrastructure and products to provide performant services, feed data pipelines and new solutions. Data service designs will need an emphasis on scalability and speed so they can keep performing well as the platform grows. You will collaborate with product owners to ensure the services are designed to serve their needs.SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
NICE TO HAVE
- Willing to champion best practices in engineering, security, design and testing.
- Experience designing, building and consuming RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs.
- The confidence and knowledge to use the best tools and languages for the job and present new solutions to problems where you see a benefit.
- Experience designing and implementing SQL and/or NoSQL database schemas with an emphasis on speed and scalability.
- Confidence in owning decisions throughout the project pipeline, from initial phases through to production.
- Proficient knowledge of source control (git).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss ideas with colleagues.
- Experience with any other languages such as Ruby or Java.
- Knowledge of ORMs and database migrations.
- Knowledge of OAuth protocols for authentication.
- Knowledge of build automation tools and continuous integration processes (CircleCI, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Knowledge of a PaaS (Amazon/GCP/Azure would be a plus)
- Experience with docker/containerisation
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Happy working on a Mac.
- An interest in cycling and the bike industry.
We're committed to promoting diversity in our workplace. We pride ourselves on our inclusive, open, friendly culture, but we are looking to be more diverse and representative of minority groups. We actively welcome diverse candidates to apply to our talent pool and vacancies.
If you wish to apply anonymously, feel free to put 'anon' in the name fields of your application. You can also take your name, date of birth and any photographs off your CV, if you prefer. If you'd like to read our Diversity and Inclusion company policy before applying, please get in touch.
For further information on Careers at Play Sports Group, please click here