Do you have 2+ years working in PR, as well as a love of cycling? SHIFT Active Media is looking for a PR Manager to grow our client base and build lasting relationships in the cycling industry. You will drive client PR strategy and, along with the Account Management team, become a key contact for our clients.
We are ambitious to develop our clients’ brands. As PR Manager, you will work with the Account Management, Social Media and Creative teams, as well as members of senior management here at SHIFT. A key part of the role will be to build a close working relationships to understand clients’ strategic goals and work with them to deliver their objectives. You will produce and deliver against an agreed PR plan and budget.
You will need to know what cycling journalists want, and how to deliver it to them. By building outstanding relationships with key international journalists and media companies you will be able to deliver the best possible coverage and value to our clients. You will use tools within the business to monitor the performance of PR reach and review, report and make recommendations to our clients.
This role is a full time role, based in our Bath office, but you will have the opportunity to travel abroad (to Europe and further afield) for press days and product launches.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deliver innovative PR strategies, maximising the opportunity for our clients
- Manage client profiles and projects
- Create media briefings and press collateral
- Deliver coverage across broadcast, digital and print media internationally
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key international journalists, influencers and media companies
- Analyse and report on the success of media campaigns
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Verbal presentation and communication skills are a must. You must be able to passionately outline and explain your creative ideas to clients, media buyers, and journalists who expect a professional and insightful delivery of information. Having polished writing skills is extremely important. The more styles you can write in, the better.
- Experience in press and media communications.
- Knowledge of the cycling industry.
- A degree or postgraduate diploma in Public Relations, English language or Marketing would be preferable.
- You need to be able to write captivating content for clients, from press releases to magazine articles to blog posts.
- Social media savvy: this includes being able to measure a campaign's success and overall effectiveness when using social channels.
- The ability to build your professional network is crucial.
- The ability to undertake research and build your knowledge of a client’s product or service is key.
- Ability to think strategically on behalf of our clients, so excellent questioning and listening skills are needed to identify what’s important to our clients.
- Quick, strategic thinking to convey a client’s brand, make a pitch, run events and successfully execute campaigns.
- Excellent organisation skills: The ability to work on multiple projects at any one time will be part of your everyday life so you will need to be confident handling multiple clients with varying needs and differing deadlines.
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment