If you have an interest in / knowledge of cycling and are an experienced Account Manager, then SHIFT Active Media (part of Play Sports Group) may have the perfect role for you.
Our client services team conducts work on building our client relationships. They support our existing client base, as well as pitching for and winning new business. Great communication, organisation and project management are key skills required to be a part of the team. Specialist knowledge of the cycling industry and a general understanding of the ever-changing craft of brand and performance marketing are also essential.
The role will help to grow the business by building client relationships and incremental business in the Italian markets. The aim is to produce great work for our clients, and to add value to their businesses through marketing and cycling expertise.
Speaking fluent Italian would also be a huge benefit for this position, but is not essential.
- Work with management and strategy to create briefs. Ensure all inputs are clear, complete, correct and timely.
- Work with Project Management to agree the most effective and efficient way to deliver projects.
- Be a client’s key contact for marketing knowledge, especially digital.
- Understand the Client’s business and category. You will be responsible for understanding the client’s business, their goals, challenges, opportunities, and their business performance. Know their market and products inside out. Apply this knowledge to solve their problems and projects.
- Build strong client relationships as a trusted advisor.
- Be a business partner applying insight with honesty and openness. Deepen the relationship to ensure retention and growth.
- Run each account as a business. Use account plans to stimulate and track future work.
- Ensure that target revenues on each account are met or exceeded.
- Improve client satisfaction, helping to expand existing revenue streams and build new ones.
- Work with the wider commercial and business development teams to unlock new opportunities.
- Motivate, develop and support the wider team and direct reports.
- Use the SHIFT internal systems and processes to make sure work moves through the agency smoothly and efficiently, keeping everyone up to date and informed on progress, resources needed and financial performance.
Skills and Experience
- Leadership - Leads, mentors, motivates project team, manages resources, sets the benchmark for behaviour.
- Strategic and Commercial Thinking - Generates independent thinking, encourages new ideas and challenges when necessary, based on a sound understanding of a client’s business.
- Marketing Judgement - Recognises how ideas are delivering against the strategy, can challenge ideas based on sound strategic thinking and generates compelling arguments to sell in ideas.
- Influencing - Communicates with professionalism and credibility
- Decision Making - Owns day-to-day decision making and finds quick, effective solutions, consults on major decisions / strategic recommendations.
- Delivery - Plans ahead, anticipates and responds to the client’s needs, also takes responsibility for work of the whole team.
- Resilience - Stays positive, looks to solve problems, has ‘can do’ attitude, and also encourages that in others.
- Know how to leverage data and insight.
- Financial Understanding - responsibility for income (and profit), recognises when to escalate commercial issues
- Knowledge of or interest in cycling and the cycling media market
- Digital marketing expertise and understanding
To read more about careers at SHIFT Active Media, please click here