Are you a Backend Developer or DevOps Engineer looking to make the next step in your career? Play Sports Network is looking for experienced Backend Developers to join our Digital Team, to help shape and design our native web and mobile applications.
This role is an opportunity to develop over time into a Tech Lead position, so we are looking for someone who has experience mentoring and coaching other developers, and supporting their career development. You will also need to have experience managing senior stakeholders, internally and externally, and handling team priorities based on customer expectations. If you have experience in a DevOps role, but are looking to move into more general backend roles, this could be the ideal role for you.
We are looking for an experienced back end developer. You will have the opportunity to work on the most up-to-date tech stacks and serverless databases, and ideally you’ll be adaptable and prepared to pick up new technologies over time. Our CTO comes from Google, and is proud to support a Digital team that has grown from 5 to 55 people in the last 2 years.
- Designing and building the backend of native web applications
- Working on Google Firebase to ensure that all data and security for the GCN App is up to scratch, and developing the backend to ensure this
- Working PSNs website security backend. This includes our eCommerce stores and our company web pages
- Liaising with PSN’s parent company to ensure that security and data logic of the GCN App is up to date and in line with business priorities
- Working closely with product owners to ensure standards are being met
- Upholding high engineering standards
- Using your skills and knowledge to problem solve issues with our products
- Developing relationships with the wider Digital Team
- Resolving bugs, and working with the QA team to maintain the functioning of the App
- Being hands on with actual product development
- Working closely with the Technical Lead to steer the direction of the product
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Express and/ or Laravel
- Serverless experience. We work on Google, but will consider any application that has worked on other serverless platforms
- Developer mentoring skills and coaching experience
- Good communication skills. You’ll be liaising with the Technical Lead, CTO and Product Owners to ensure the quality of the code for the App is exceptional
- Experience with managing senior stakeholders and their expectations, internally and externally
- Ideally, you have experience working in a flat structure
- It would be beneficial if you have knowledge of the cycling knowledge, but this isn’t essential
To read more about careers at Play Sports Network, please click here. We also recommend that you take a look at our eCommerce sites and GCN App (available on the iOS and Android App Stores), to get a feel for the products this role will be working on.