As a Mid-Weight Strategist / Planner, you will work on developing brand and communications strategies , as well as designing innovative solutions and campaigns to support our cycling industry clients. We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about strategy planning, and who understands the cycling industry.
You will be supporting the Head of Research and Strategy within SHIFT Active Media. The strategy team works closely with other areas of the agency to plan, develop and build strategic plans for our clients. Whilst we’re all working remotely at the moment, this role will be based in Bath when the offices reopen, so you’ll need to be happy working in Bath.
- Develop communications strategies and plans for a range of cycling clients / brands
- Build relationships with key clients and internal stakeholders, enabling you to review, question and build on client briefs
- Use information from various sources to demonstrate key insights, barriers, opportunities and propositions (e.g. subject matter experts, research docs, results, competitor activity, Google Analytics, insight reports)
- Develop recommendations across a range of online, offline and emerging channels
- Put your ideas and thoughts into well-articulated, clear plans
- Directing the development of creative, PR, media and social plans, writing and delivering discipline specific briefs to get the best from internal and external teams
- Collaborate with teams from different disciplines to create combined solutions (e.g. Media and PR, Creative and Media)
- Determine the evaluation requirements and produce or lead analysis for the campaigns and properties you are working on.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Marketing know-how: Embrace the opportunities presented by digital, social and mobile channels as well as have a good understanding of more traditional channels, with a grasp of how consumers use them, how they work and what’s possible.
- Brand understanding: Able to understand a brand and its consumers thoroughly. This includes (but is not limited to) a brand’s tone of voice, target audience and market positioning. and be able to offer up ideas that strengthen the brand positioning in the minds of the consumer.
- Strategic thinker: Capable of thinking beyond the obvious and of developing pragmatic, actionable plans and support the implementation and tracking of projects. You constantly question the status quo and seek new ways of doing things better.
- Creativity and articulation: An ability to grasp and articulate consumer insights and develop compelling propositions. You enjoy evaluating and providing feedback on creative ideas and concepts.
- Written and presentation skills: Skilled at producing presentations and documents to present to clients. Also comfortable presenting complex information in a user-friendly way.
- Numerical and analytical skills: Able to present numbers in a client friendly way. You’ll also be comfortable working with figures and data within spreadsheets.
- Proactive: Reliable at getting things done, as well as proactive enough to seek out opportunities and ways to add more value to the team.
To read more about life at SHIFT Active Media, please click here