Working as GMBN's Off Road Content Manager
Are you a mountain bike fanatic who is always keeping up to date with new technologies and trends in off-road industry and racing? Do you also have experience planning and/or writing content for social media channels? If so, GMBN has the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for an Off-Road Content Manager to join our team. The Off-Road Content Manager will plan, write and help to schedule content across all of our off-road channels (mountain biking, e-mountain biking and tech). You’ll be working closely with the Presenters and the Production Coordinator to ensure that the channel’s are delivering high quality and well scripted content.
You’ll need to have great knowledge of the off-road industry and market, as you’ll be writing content about it every day! You’ll also need to have excellent spelling and grammar, and have experience working with stakeholders and influencing colleagues.
- Content Planning - Develop 5 content ideas each week. Research, draft and pitch content and script ideas for each of the off-road channels content plans.
- Script Writing - Research, write and manage the creation of scripts. Create and complete 10 scripts per week across the off-road channels.
- SEO/Evergreen Script Creation - Research and write 50-100 SEO/evergreen scripts each year.
- Production Management - Work with the Presenters and Production Coordinator to ensure that content is delivered on time.
- Quality Control - Watch every video before it goes live to ensure they’re excellent and as planned. To elevate any concerns to the presenters and creators as required.
- Monitor Content Performance - Together with the Audience Development (AD) team, monitor audience interactions and feedback on our content, and think about how we can improve.
- Writing & Sub-editing - To write and sub-edit copy for a variety of channel content and marketing purposes, as required.
- Presenting - You may, on occasion, have the opportunity to Present on camera, to help support the Presenting and Production teams.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Editorial Judgement - Able to understanding how content is performing and what changes need to be made to improve quality
- Influencing - Communicates clearly, with professionalism and credibility, and able to influence key stakeholders.
- Mountain bike knowledge - In depth and up to date knowledge of the off-road scene, and the tech that comes with it is essential for this role.
- Research skills - Ideally you’ll have worked in a role previously where you were required to research, and plan content around your findings.
- Social media experience - We’re ideally looking for someone who has experience creating content for social media and interacting with audiences.
To read more about careers at our Company, Play Sports Network, please click here.
- 25 days holiday per annum, bank holidays + additional closure week over Christmas
- Scottish Widows pension plan
- Modern, air conditioned, open plan offices in Bath city centre
- Free access to the GCN+ App and Race Pass
- Welcome GCN/ GMBN clothing gifts
- Up to 50% discount in GCN, GMBN, EMBN and GTN shops
- Summer bike rides during office hours
- Free birthday pizza
- Free pre-payday lunches
- Festive party and events