Are you a skilled Editor with some experience in long-form factual content? We are looking for an Trainee Video Editor with at least 2 years agency or in-house video editing experience to join our post production team.
You’ll be working on in-house content with a large post-production team. Assistant Editors work shifts to support PSN’s busy global post production process including starting at 4.30pm when handing over from the daytime team.
You’ll work closely with experienced Video Editors to assist with the post production strategy to deliver on the editorial and commercial plans, and to learn on the job about best practice for being an in-house Documentary Editor. You will assist the post production infrastructure and support video editors, creators and filmmakers content across premium groups and channels including international channels. (Road, Triathlon or Off Road) .
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support within the edit operations team for all areas of Post Production
- Support the editors before, during and after production
- Media manage and wrangling
- Ingest across HD and UHD
- Work to complex workflows
- Log and report support and workflow issues
- Proactively work to help teams identify and address problems quickly when they arise
- Ensure permission and rights for any licensed material used (music, images etc)
- Keep up to date with emerging industry trends
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years agency or in-house editing experience
- Professional working knowledge of Adobe Premier and other Editing Products within a Post Production/ broadcast environment
- High level working knowledge of Video standards and codecs
- Practiced understanding of post-production workflows
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with video editing software – Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday per annum, bank holidays + additional closure week over Christmas
- Scottish Widows pension plan
- Modern, air conditioned, open plan offices in Bath city centre
- Free access to the GCN+ App and Race Pass
- Welcome GCN/ GMBN clothing gifts
- Up to 50% discount in GCN, GMBN, EMBN and GTN shops
- Summer bike rides during office hours
- Free birthday pizza
- Free pre-payday lunches
- Festive party and events
To read more about careers at Play Sports Network, please click here. We also recommend that you take a look at our GCN App (available on iOS and Android) and our YouTube channels (GCN, GMBN and GTN being 3 of the main ones) to learn about the type of content that you will be working on.