If you are an Android Developer or Mobile Developer, looking to grow your skills in scaling up Apps and improving maintainability and the structure of a native mobile app, then our role may be perfect for you. You will be joining an Android team, coding in Kotlin and working with existing developers to help to improve and grow the GCN App.
You’ll ideally have 1+ years commercial experience working with Kotlin, and have an understanding of API’s (Kotlin and RESTful). We also work on firebase, so some experience with Cloud Based platforms would be ideal.
We’re happy for you to work remotely, but you’ll need the right to work in the UK, Spain, Italy or Ireland without VISA sponsorship.
- Focusing on how people use mobile apps, and writing code to reflect this
- Working collaboratively with the Digital Team and Discovery Group to develop an app that key stakeholders are proud of
- Creating innovative development solutions
- Promoting quality of code and ensuring that knowledge is shared and code is reviewed
- Unit testing and automated tests
- Version control - this is key when working at Play Sports Network!
About us: To read about life at Play Sports Network (including our Diversity statement), please click here. Benefits:
- We are looking for someone with at least 1+ years of experience working as a commercial Android Developer.
- Experience working with Kotlin APIs and language features.
- Previous exposure to JVM testing.
- Knowledge of RESTful API's.
- Experience with version control systems and their working methodologies (we use git).
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance – in addition to Christmas closure week, and other bank holidays in England, PSN provides 5 weeks annual leave
- Pension Scheme – salary sacrifice and net pay options
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay
- £700 of work from home kit including an ergonomic chair of your choice
- Workout Wednesday – 2 hour lunch break to focus on exercising and wellbeing
- Free GCN+ Subscription
- Cyclescheme (cyclescheme.co.uk)
- Techscheme (techscheme.co.uk)
- Giveall – NI free, payroll giving scheme for charity donations of your choice
- £1,000 Refer a Friend Hiring Scheme
- Complimentary GCN/GMBN/GTN branded kit (casual hoodies, cycling jerseys, sweatshirts) upon joining
- 50% staff discount on GMBN and GCN apparel shops
- Discounts offered by affiliated cycling brands, local restaurants and other companies exclusively to PSN employees.
- Perks at work (https://www.perksatwork.com) and other discounts are offered to PSG employees by affiliated cycling brands, local companies and restaurants.
- Staff events – such as Company Bike Rides & socials
- Free lunch before payday
- Bean-to-cup coffee machines & daily fruit provided
- Modern air conditioned City Centre Offices in Bath
- Showers on site (+ additional showers, towels and sauna at local premium hotel)
- Private and secure bike parking