Do you have experience working with post-production systems, either in-house or external? Play Sports Network is looking for a Post-Production Supervisor (Video Systems) to join our Team and assist with the management and smooth running of our post-production systems flow.
In post-production you will report to the Head of Operations and Technical Services, but will work with the larger production team, so you’ll need good collaboration skills.
You will oversee post production for assigned video content produced out of Play Sports Network’s Bath HQ and work with the Executive Line Producer to ensure post production is kept on track and within budget.
In addition, the post production supervisor position will require assisting the Head of Operations and Technical Services and Director of Production in maintaining the infrastructure required for factual content production through workflow improvements and roll out of new technology for use by in house video production units.
You will be central to operations and help to maintain and implement innovative processes within a growing company ensuring the successful operation and growth of the department.
You’ll be based in our offices in central Bath.
- Creation, organisation and delivery of video content and associated assets to Play Sports Network digital channels and video-on-demand platforms.
- Work with the Executive Line Producer, Sound, VFX, Editorial and external vendors to ensure that each milestone of the Post Production department is hit.
- Transfer and upload to video-on-demand and media asset management platforms.
- Quality control to ensure adherence to required specification of Play Sports Network and partners deliverable guidelines.
- Ensuring content is mastered to the appropriate technical specification.
- Upload and management of content within a wide variety of systems.
- Working with production and technical managers to ensure assets are ready for delivery on schedule.
- Assist the Production Manager on talent outreach, scheduling and maintaining a roster of freelance staff.
- Responsible for ingesting content and re-formatting to required specifications.
- Occasional general technical and A/V support within the office.
- Occasional re-versioning of content to required specifications.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- In depth knowledge of technical video specifications, formats, codecs and encoding profiles.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines in a multi-project environment.
- Experience of working with and creating metadata in digital and broadcast video environments.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage workload effectively.
- Experience with 4K workflows, visual effects, audio and live production environments (digital and/or linear) would be preferred, but is not essential.