Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. You must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
ESS is seeking a Recruiting Manager
to oversee ESS’s recruiting efforts by developing, implementing and managing recruitment processes and employment programs to fulfill staffing needs. They will promote the company image to candidates and external service providers, surface candidates, and develop networks of people and processes to support a strong pipeline of qualified candidates.Job Function
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Develops and administers staffing/employment/recruiting programs.
- Develop the most effective, economical and appropriate recruiting channels and methods.
- Manage subordinate staff in dayy-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensures that project/department milestones and goals are met.
- Promotes the company image to candidates and external service providers.
- Surfaces candidates and develops networks of people and processes to support a strong pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Strategize hiring needs and formulate strategy with management team.
- Leverage social media, professional associations, and network to recruit top talent.
- Maintain candidate tracking database with accurate information.
- Provide recruiting reports and HR metrics.
- Develop and manage job postings.
- Review resumes and coordinate interview processes with managers to the offer stage.
- Manage the summer internship program.
- Develop and implement proactive hiring strategies for difficult to fill positions.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Coordinate college career fairs.
- Coordinate with outside recruiters as necessary.
- Strategize and implement plans to continue to grow the diversity of the organization.
- Take personal responsibility for providing a positive experience for candidates from initial application through onboarding.
- Coordinate with Human Resources team for onboarding.
- Do whatever needs to be done while maintaining a positive attitude.
What ESS Offers
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or combination of equivalent experience, SPHR a plus
- 3+ years of recruiting experience; experience recruiting for engineering and manufacturing a plus. Preferred familiarity/experience in electric utility, renewable or energy industry.
- Knowledge of recruiting processes, sourcing, employment laws, and HR best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service background.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, and professional.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic
- A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
- In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.