Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant, and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous cross-functional disciplines, including engineering, and multiple manufacturing environments. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
ESS is looking for a motivated and versatile Quality Engineer
to join our team. The Quality Engineer will drive all aspects of quality including supplier, manufacturing, and customer issues with a primary goal of continuous yield, quality and reliability improvement.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Application of quality methods and tools, including Statistical Process Control, Measurement Systems Analysis, FMEA.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and translate requirements from data sheets or engineering drawings.
- Application of sound engineering principles, lean manufacturing methodologies, and continuous process improvements to the design and manufacturing process.
- Ability to lead resolution of technical issues, both internally and with our supply chain partners.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations, up to 30% of the time.
- Participates in supplier development and sustaining activities.
- Coordinates non-conforming material dispositioning & processing.
- Conducts failure analysis on non-conforming material and field failures.
- Conducts gage & process capability studies for manufacturing processes.
- Generates on-going monthly reports / metrics on field reliability & in-process quality/yield.
- Member of Change Review Board, review and approve ECNs. Conduct change qualification tests as required.
- Continuously improves quality of the overall manufacturing process, supply base and product.
- Assures that all processes are documented and adhere to the ESS Quality Management System.
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree; Electrical, Mechanical, Materials Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in a complex product manufacturing environment in service, development, or manufacturing.
- Expertise in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Technical report writing and presentation experience required.
- Strong industrial statistics experience required (gage & process control, experimental design etc.).
- GD&T experience – desired.
- Environmental & reliability test experience – desired.
- Must be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident status.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
What ESS Offers
- In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.