ESS, Inc. is a fast-growing, venture-backed, clean technology start-up, located in WIlsonville, OR. ESS has developed an advanced flow battery technology for commercial, industrial, and utility applications. ESS is looking for a motivated, hard-working Engineering Electrical Technician to join our team. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Ability to work in a team environment is a must. Applicant must be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineers to assemble battery systems.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions and record results
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, or repair electrical instruments or testing equipment.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers or other personnel to identify, define, or solve developmental problems.
- Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria of experimental electronics units.
- Construct and perform reliability tests on various key system components.
- Perform in-process inspections steps to ensure the quality of the work performed and the functionality of the component and/or module.
- Maintain production and test equipment.
- Support electromechanical troubleshooting of product and support equipment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
Desired Skills & Experience
What ESS Offers
- AS Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Proficiency troubleshooting electronics and electro-mechanical systems down to the component level.
- Experience with reading electrical schematics and mechanical P&IDs a must.
- Experience with Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Power Analyzers, Signal Generators etc.
- Familiarity with single and three phase power systems and power distribution systems.
- Familiarity with power conversion equipment.
- Familiarity with computer and micro-controller systems.
- Capability to work on and around industrial power systems.
- Experience with battery or fuel cell systems a plus.
- Work independently and proactively.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small, dynamic team.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency.
- In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.