Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. Trading on the NYSE (GWH), it is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
As the Advanced Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for taking late-stage design or R&D concepts and establishing turnkey, robust manufacturing processes. You will work with a cross functional team to develop, validate, and improve products and processes to make them ready and viable for full scale manufacturability.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Develop, validate, and oversee projects from prototype or early design to robust and ready to manufacture at scale.
- Establish BOMs, workflow processes, fixtures, and robotics to achieve robust and efficient processes.
- Collaborate with R&D and Design engineering, Quality, Program Mgmt., and Manufacturing to satisfy all stakeholders are satisfied for a turnkey manufacturing process.
- Support product launch by establishing labor estimates, handling and material needs, and robotics or machine equipment requirements including implementation, install, test, and validation.
- Validate manufacturing processes and provide production support through successful and sustained project launch.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Design and/or source and implement necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements with a focus on automation.
- Ensure manufacturing tooling, fixtures and processes are EHS compliant per site policies.
- Execute to program timelines and budgets.
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of experience in development or advanced manufacturing or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing or operations.
- 2+ years CAD/CAM and tool/fixture build, source, and deployment experience in a manufacturing production environment.
- Demonstrated experience owning at least one of the following or similar:
- Implementing Robotics and/or CAD/CAM or PLC operated equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Sourcing and qualifying suppliers to a finished component involving wiring harnesses, electrical control and instrumentation panels, or power management electronics and controls.
- Developing quality plans, sampling plans, value streams or other methods of establishing and training turnkey, robust, processes and work instructions.
- Ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers.
- Experience with BOM design, Oracle workflows, implementation and iterative improvement and validation of a young product design.
We’d love to see:
- CAD and tool/fixture/machine design, source, and deployment experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications - GD&T experience.
- Strong electrical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent training/experience.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.