Please note: The Boys & Girls Club of Door County works in partnership with the Boys & Girls of Greater Green Bay. Upon submitting a completed application, you may be contacted via email by a Green Bay Club staff member (@bgcgb.org) or Door County staff member (@bgcdoorcounty.org). If you have questions or concerns, please email HumanResources@bgcdoorcounty.org
Learn more about the Boys & Girls Club of Door County HERE.
Reports To: Vice President of Development & Marketing
Classification/Hours: Full-time/M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pay Classification: Specialist/Coordinator
The Advancement Officer is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of donors and for the successful implementation and oversight of all special events that increase financial resources and community awareness of the Boys & Girls Club of Door County. This position is also responsible for supporting annual campaigns, securing event sponsorship, and assisting with donor relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising & Cultivation (50%)
- Supports the Vice President of Development & Marketing in strategic planning and revenue forecasting by executing plans in support of individual and team fundraising benchmarks aligned with BGCGB’s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of donors to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors.
- Works within the database to view data and assist in analyzing data to inform, prioritize and develop fundraising strategies.
- Maintains and increases donor engagement, and secure gifts through personalized correspondence, concept briefs, proposals, presentations, telephone calls, in-person visits, and/or other relationship-building methods.
- Leverages internal and board relationships to facilitate donor engagement.
- Identifies and manages a portfolio of prospects including alumni, community members, and other stakeholders.
- Conducts a predetermined number of personal visits per month with qualified prospects to ensure achievement of fundraising goals; moving donors along the prospect pipeline, and nurturing and deepening relationships to better understand and strategically align donors’ priorities and goals with the needs of BGCGB
- Leverages knowledge of the various forms of giving, including planned giving, corporate sponsorships, and individual gifts
- Works closely with the Marketing Coordinator to implement strategies that articulate the mission, programs, and activities in a succinct and compelling manner; and recruit/train volunteers as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with other members of Development team, including RD Support Specialist to ensure timely and proper tracking, acknowledgement, and stewardship of donors.
- Works with internal and external community partners to identify needs, tell the story, and gain support of the Boys and Girls Club of Door County.
- Develops personal mastery by participating in professional development, networking to incorporate best practices, and reading professional publications.
- Assumes a lead role in all aspects of internal events including Harvest Dinner, Golf Classic, and any additional fundraising events.
- Manages event logistics (venue, food, décor, program, entertainment, etc) in coordination with event management firm and external vendors.
- Works with the VP of Development, Committee, and Board to secure event sponsorships.
- In conjunction with the VP of Development, engages an event committee comprised of community leaders and stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing Coordinator to create event promotion strategy and all necessary event collateral materials (save the date, sponsorship packets, invitations, etc).
- Working with the event committee, board and sponsors, secures revenue enhancers for events (live auction, silent auction, raffles, etc).
- Assists with third-party events as needed.
Other Roles (10%)
- Participates in Development Committee meetings
- Provides monthly (or as needed) reporting of donor related activities to VP of Development
- Assists with PR and marketing related activities
- Supports organizational needs through active participation in Club activities
- Performs other duties as needed within the BGCGB team
- Understanding of and belief in the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Associates degree in communication, marketing, social service, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort in fundraising, soliciting for donations, and event planning.
- Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads
- A quintessential team player with a willingness to support colleagues outside one’s primary responsibilities
- Open to and appreciative of feedback, responsive to direction and coaching
- Strong communication skills with the ability to easily build rapport with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to sustain initiative
- Computer proficient, with comfort in Microsoft Office suite and donor CRMs
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed, including nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, or other related discipline.
- Knowledge of donor relations databases.
Applications submitted without a salary requirement will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.