lease note: The Boys & Girls Club of Door County works in partnership with the Boys & Girls of Greater Green Bay. Upon submitting a completed application, you may be contacted via email by a Green Bay Club staff member (@bgcgb.org) or Door County staff member (@bgcdoorcounty.org). If you have questions or concerns, please email HumanResources@bgcdoorcounty.org
Learn more about the Boys & Girls Club of Door County HERE.
Hours: Majority Full-time (30-35 hours per week, with the potential to grow to full-time); M-F, between 8:00am and 5:00pm
Provides support to the administrative team, primarily the DPO by maintaining administrative systems, procedures, policies and monitoring administrative projects.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Supports payroll, bill payment, processing, Quickbooks and filing
- Communicates with other Administrative Staff from BGC of Green Bay to retrieve needed documents, complete accounts payable and receivable needs, support Green Bay HR needs
- Support the Executive Team by taking minutes and attending Board meetings
- Maintains Board information, reports, files, meeting preparation, handouts, agendas, room and meal arrangements, and other board materials and information as needed.
- Support management team by organizing all hard files, maintaining master project list, reviewing weekly, monthly calendar
- Drafts letters and documents as needed with direction of Administrative Staff
- Maintain donor information in DonorPerfect database in assistance with Event Support Staff
- Answer and route incoming calls regarding donations, services/referrals, volunteering, employment opportunities, Club membership, etc. Also expected to welcome visitors and guests as b.
- Produces information through formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, transmitting text, data, and graphics. Must have excellent proofreading
- Attends and participates in weekly meetings of committees and take minutes for Board reports
- Available for errands to pick-up materials for office and/or program staff needs or receive in-kind donations.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and technique by working direct with Maintenance Technician and Director of Operations
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; and keeping area clean and organized.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results and special projects and tasks as needed.
Internal: Maintain oral and written contact with the Executive Director, Board of
Directors, staff peers, and volunteers for the purpose of exchange of information, to provide progress reports regarding activities and planned programs, and to coordinate events.
External: Maintain oral and written contact with other agencies, business leaders, community groups, boards of directors of such organizations, and the media for the purpose of exchanging information and ideas and for the purpose of fundraising.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience as an administrative assistant/office manager.
- Proven ability as a team player and ability to problem solve required.
- Knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures and of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations, youth development services preferred.
- Must be highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.