If you are looking to be a difference maker in the lives of youth, then the Boys and Girls Club of Door County may be the place for you! As a Club professional, you will be joining an incredible team of fun, caring and passionate staff working to help all children achieve success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. We value diversity - in backgrounds and experiences - and encourage people from all swaths of life to apply. Together we can build great futures for all youth in our community. Learn more about the Boys & Girls Club of Door County HERE.
As a part-time program specialist you will assist with and lead programming for youth members, as well as assist with maintaing program spaces (including light cleaning). We are looking for candidates who want to make a difference in the lives of youth, are at least 16 years of age, and have a fun, outgoing personality.
Title: Program Specialist
Times: Part Time 25-30 hrs Afterschool /40hrs Summer Seasonal
Program hours are 2:30pm - 6:30pm M-F Variable After School,
Some Full Days depending on school schedules, Daytime, Summer, Events as needed
- Implements and enforces all Club rules and policies.
- Strictly observes confidentiality regarding confidentiality inside the club and in the community.
- Promotes, recruits and engages members.
- Models and encourages positive and constructive behavior. Follows correct procedure regarding member discipline.
- Is aware of volunteer’s restrictions on disciplining members and offering intervention solutions.
- Ensures a safe, healthy and positive environment.
- Actively supervises and engages members at all times.
- Creates a positive image of the After School Program in the community.
- Provides exceptional communication & support with all outside community individuals (volunteers, partners, speakers, businesses, etc) that provide services to students attending. Responds promptly to concerns and implementing best practices.
Please note: The Boys & Girls Club of Door County works in partnership with the Boys & Girls of Greater Green Bay. Upon submitting a completed application, you may be contacted via email by a Green Bay Club staff member (@bgcgb.org) or Door County staff member (@bgcdoorcounty.org). If you have questions or concerns, please email HumanResources@bgcdoorcounty.org
- Develops understanding & belief in Club’s Mission and vision and commitment to innovative, evidence-based services.
- Ensures a team based work environment by communicating positively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- May be asked to participate in special programs/events, outside of regular club hours.
- Other duties as assigned