If you are looking to be a difference maker in the lives of youth, then the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Bay & Lakes Region may be the place for you! The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Bay & Lakes Region serve youth (ages 7-17 years old) in Brown, Door, and Shawano communities. As a Club professional, you will be joining an incredible team of fun, caring and passionate staff working to help all children achieve success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. We value diversity - in backgrounds and experiences - and encourage people from all swaths of life to apply. Together we can build great futures for all youth in our community.
Position Title: Facility Maintenance Technician
Type: Part Time (8-10 hours per week)
Location/Schedule: Choose the schedule that works for you
Wage: Starts at $16.00/hour
As the Faciliites Maintenance Technician, you will, under limited supervision, perform a variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance of the Hatch Center.
- Performs and records monthly safety inspections
- Complies with and executes BGCA safety recommendations and requests of Safety Committee
- Assists with preventative building maintenance duties
- Work with Community Partners and Vendors in meeting building inspection requirements
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs
- Responsible for chemical inventory within the Club and maintain current MSDS binders
- Responsible for ordering maintenance and cleaning supplies
- Responsible for lawn mowing; landscaping maintenance and light snow removal
- Assembles & moves furniture, hangs pictures & bulletin boards, moves & sets up tables and chairs
- Paints interior and exterior walls
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Solicit bids as needed with approval of Director of Clubhouse Operations.
- Report damage to Director of Clubhouse Operations and/or Unit Manager.
- Make or recommend repairs on doors, windows, floors, roofs, ceilings, etc.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Clubhouse Operations on the purchase or replacement of major equipment.
- Unstop drains and toilets.
- Operate light and heavy equipment when required.
- Attend bi-weekly Operations huddles to communicate progress and needs.
- Complete maintenance requests and/or communicate to staff the status of requests.
- Provide the Director of Clubhouse Operations with monthly updates of maintenances and repairs. These will be kept and put into the Annual Maintenance Duties Manual.
- Begin to compile a list of Annual Maintenance Duties, this list can start with seasonal care for facilities this year and we will continue to define it next year. Monthly updates will be added to this document.
- Quarterly walk through with the Director of Clubhouse Operations noting projects that are urgent or equipment that is not working well that may need to be repaired or replaced. This will be documented and used for budget purposes.
- Keep parking lots clean and free from debris.
Skills and Knowledge
- High School graduate with 1-3 years of building maintenance and/or construction work involving a range of skills, activities and equipment.
- Knowledge of some electrical plumbing, carpentry, masonry, painting, mechanical, and landscape construction skills desirable.
- Some experience with light and heavy equipment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with Club staff subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- For safety reasons, candidates must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Due to the nature of the work, all offers of employment will be contingent upon a background screen and reference checks.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Employment with the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Bay & Lakes Region is at-will. This means employment is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by the employee or employer, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this postings shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at-will employment status of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Bay & Lakes Region's employees.
Please Note: Upon submitting a completed application, you may be contacted via email by a staff member (@bgcgb.org or @bayandlakes.org)