WHO WE ARE:
Bidtellect is on a mission: to deliver ads that work. We’ve built a digital buying platform for a consumer-led, privacy-first advertising future. Through our intelligent distribution platform, we deliver digital ads that act as content previews across all devices and IAB-approved native formats and video. When a consumer engages with a brand’s content, they engage with the brand, so we utilize our proprietary IntellibidTM technology to power and uniquely measure that engagement.
We always say: there's nothing like a good story to bring people together and to share experiences. We're helping brands do just that, digitally and intelligently, sharing their content with the right audience, in the right place, at the right time.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An energetic and experienced Data Engineer to join our growing organization that is revolutionizing the Advertising Technology space using proprietary methods and bringing real-time content and advertising to static programs, dramatically boosting revenue and engagement. We’re excited for you to be part of our story, and for us to be part of yours.
Please include if you're authorized to work in the United States for any company or will require employment sponsorship on your resume.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BS/MS in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, etc.) with 2+ years of professional or academic experience working with massive data sets
- 2+ years experience with distributed frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark
- 3+ years exposure to a variety of SQL and no-SQL databases
- 2+ years experience in multiple programming languages (C#, Scala, Java)
- 1+ years experience with GIT version control
- Strong algorithm & data structure knowledge
- Comfort in working on an agile, distributed team(s) across multiple locations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and create advancements in the advertising technology industry
- Ability to deliver a convincing story derived from the data sets to both a technical and non-technical audiences
- At the most basic level, you have a positive attitude and an extremely strong, demonstrable work ethic. Your coworkers would describe you as both thoughtful and helpful. You are eager to be challenged and further your own professional experience.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience in advertising or publishing related
- Exposure in control engineering and/or PID controllers
- Exposure to some predictive models and ML algorithms
- Experience managing a spark cluster
- DBA experience
- You have some scripting language experience in your back pocket for when the need arises (e.g. Python, Linux command line)
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work on pipelines ingesting greater than 500K messages per second
- Design, implement and own software solutions for new products, features, and tools within our content distribution advertisement platform
- Optimize our estimation models in order to improve the performance of our bidding algorithm and maximize performance for our customers
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with massive data sets to develop insights that increase client KPI performance
- Design and run regular A/B experiments that affect delivery across our customer base, evaluate the impact of your optimizations and communicate your results to various business stakeholders.
- Plan, execute, and analyze experiments to understand the dynamics of our real time bidding
- Work with and mentor junior data engineers and help grow the team
- Coordinate with engineering, analytics, and other teams to assess the cost and value of existing and potential projects
- Research and evaluate new technologies in the big data space to guide our continuous improvement
- Collaborate with multifunctional engineers across the company
- Identify key opportunities for refactoring or architectural changes as well as suggesting changes backed by proof of concept work for improvements.
- Participate in the agile development process, attend daily standups and project planning and design sessions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues as necessary.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Provide support to business users.
- Contribute to feature and product development.
- Contribute to technical documentation.
- Support deployment of releases.
- Adhere to good development principles, set standards and quality processes.