Are you a successful sales person, money motivated and driven to overachieve on targets, then this is the perfect role for you. We are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager to join our growing sales team.
Unsworth are an internationally recognised, multi award-winning Logistics Company. We combine the best-in class technology and people to be a leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions provider, simplifying international trade and adding value to our clients.
- Your goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial engagement with new prospects that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
- Develop your own pipeline of new business by actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold prospecting and networking.
- To add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing overall efforts. You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic support to the leadership team.
- Play a key role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Growing and retaining your own portfolio of new commercial clients
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities in order to build sales pipeline to ensure a constant stream of new prospects.
- Scheduling and attending meetings with prospective clients.
- Maintaining a highly consultative approach by selling supply chain solutions to prospective clients
- Introducing and promoting Unsworth’s freight technology solutions including conducting live demos to clients.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis, ensuring we are consistently meeting or exceeding them.
- Ensuring our CRM system is being used effectively to track, monitor, and report and plan strategically new exciting business opportunities.
- Play a key role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients
- Understand the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Maintaining the revenue and gross profit of each account ensuring they remain profitable, proactively exhausting all additional revenue streams opportunities.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for management team.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to generate and nurture a pipeline of qualified sales leads
- Represent the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
- Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes in accordance with Leadership Team policy.
What’s on Offer:
- A competitive salary package along with uncapped commission and excellent benefits, car allowance, laptop, mobile phone.
- Work for the industry’s employer of the Year and have access to our award-winning staff development programme.
- Mentoring scheme, Reward & Recognition schemes
- Cycle to work scheme, fresh fruit every week, monthly social activities
- Genuine support from an agile team of hard working, dedicated individuals
- Innovative working culture where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged