Who we are
Located in the US and UK, Proxima is a leading management consulting firm specializing in procurement. We bring a wealth of capability, insight, and market knowledge to our clients, who are some of the world’s largest and most successful companies in Europe and North America. With our 25 years of great delivery experience, we are experts in our field, helping our clients to reduce spend, increase cost savings, and optimize their procurement strategy through relevant insights, practical challenges, and a desire to solve real business problems. We support our clients with procurement practitioners, setting us apart from many other consulting firms. We work across many different industries and sectors at Proxima and we are passionate about driving real and positive change for our clients.
Proxima is in an exciting period of growth and is looking to add seasoned procurement professionals, wanting to move into a fast-paced consultancy to grow their expertise, to our team. This is an opportunity that will allow an individual to drive internal growth and work with major companies to help achieve their business objectives in the ever-changing world of procurement. We are looking for individuals equally adept at strategy creation with the c-suite, as well as execution through implementation. As many of our client engagements include project execution and implementation of the proposed solutions, you will be supporting complex procurement projects to ensure a high-quality output is delivered. Our consultants must be confident in their ability to challenge existing ways of working and recognize opportunities that add real value to our clients. We are true procurement experts working within an entrepreneurial can-do culture that encourages people to achieve great things in challenging projects and to quickly broaden their skills. We look for people with energy and ideas, who can think quickly and build client relationships.
This is an opportunity that will allow an individual to drive internal growth and work with major companies to help achieve their business objectives in the ever-changing world of procurement. Our consultants must be confident in their ability to challenge existing ways of working and recognize opportunities that add real value to our clients.
• Identify and drive opportunities for improvement in clients’ procurement and operational performance
• Develop and propose category and project strategies that maximize value for clients
• Identify key market developments to develop Proxima’s corporate knowledge (IP) and share with other team members
• Gain stakeholder engagement at all appropriate levels and influence effectively
• Provide input into client’s scope of requirements and specification design, proposing best practice approaches to the market
• Interpret market research, competitive information, and personal knowledge and experience to develop high-quality procurement solutions and efficiencies
• Ensure effective supplier and stakeholder management throughout the project lifecycle
• Devise negotiation plans and manage negotiation process with client and supplier(s)
• Provide commercial input on contract terms and conditions with suppliers
• Agree on implementation/ mobilization plans and manage activities with client and supplier(s) as required
• Strong knowledge of procurement, ideally gained in a consultancy environment, but relevant industry experience is a positive, coupled with an astute commercial mindset
• Strong knowledge across all disciplines, with a focus on FM, IT, HR, Professional Services, Supply Chain, Marketing or Direct categories
• Change management experience
• Strong negotiator with exceptional influencing skills
• Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint presentation, and data analytical skills
• Excellent planning, and written & oral communication skills
• Proven stakeholder engagement skills
• Flexibility to travel as required
Our culture at Proxima is unique, collaborative, and inclusive, where we welcome and support each other’s professional growth. We want our people to shape and continue to grow and we actively progress and promote our people. We recognize our people are the driving force of our success and growth. We are committed to being a responsible business with a focus on sustainability, corporate social responsibility and wellbeing.
Sound good? Submit your application now! We are actively interviewing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Danny North, Global Recruitment Lead, at email@example.com