Test and Release Manager
£65k + benefits
6 month FTC
35 hours per week (happy to talk flexible working)
Wimbledon – Working from home
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities, as well as excellent benefits such as 28 days’ holiday and flexible working hours.
Test and Release Manager
The Test and Release manager will have hands-on experience of Automation and NFR testing in complex business projects. Ideally, you would have technical acumen and be flexible enough to train and adapt to new technologies. Experience within both Waterfall and Agile is a must and as this role will be a crucial position within our Digital & Technology function primarily responsible for handling new requirements. You will also be responsible for Change and Release Management so extensive experience in this area would be beneficial.
- Envisioning a clear automation solution that supports our product & development roadmap.
- Developing an automation framework and educating CIPD on best practice.
- Directing development teams for coding and design best practices.
- Technical Mentor for Automation, while resolving technical issues.
- Analyse and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed systems and environments.
- Responsible for Automation and Non Functional testing activities.
- Performance testing, testing in Agile, Continuous Integration testing, User Experience testing and Accessibility testing.
- Analyse the data gathered (level of quality, time taken, efforts spent, tools & frameworks, level of automation) against quality best practices required for digital world.
- Work with teams to finalise target processes, automation testing frameworks, testing tools, methodologies, people skills which can be used at most the projects.
- Executing automation suites, regression, and sanity test cases on daily and weekly basis.
- Enhancing the existing automation suite, regression and sanity packs with increased coverage, stability checks and enhanced functionality coverage.
- Collecting and present progress report to leadership on regular basis and get the feedback.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with other specialist digital and technology colleagues to develop a shared understanding of systems, applications, platforms, infrastructure, data and integration
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- 6+ years of work experience in Automation and NFR testing.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices relating to Automation, Continuous Improvements, CI-CD pipeline, analytics, and Insights generation.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices relating to QA/Test Management activities / productivity analytics and Insights generation.
- Solid experience of automation and Load on SaaS based application platforms.
- High commitment to quality & QC processes. Advocating the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important Defects.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how they may be applied at the CIPD to drive digital business.
- Passionate about technology and software quality.
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude and a strong sense of urgency. A strong desire to learn and shape your own career path. Commitment to making a positive lasting stakeholder impact.
- Has a visualisation and prioritisation of E2E Business processes and day-to-day business scenarios.
Please note, this advert is due to close on Wednesday 19 May 2021.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge you to submit an application as soon as possible