The Sofa & Chair Company is renowned for its hand-built craftsmanship. Based in Park Royal, West London, we specialize in the design and manufacture of high quality upholstery and custom-made seating solutions, in a variety of styles and finishes. It is a thriving, dynamic company with high ambitions.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated Logistics Co-ordinator to support the logistic and delivery team and to be responsible for ensuring we deliver to our customers on time. The Ideal Candidate will be someone who’s able to work within a fast pace environment, with great administration and organisational skills to keep the process flowing and understands the importance of team work to work efficiently and deliver a high level of customer service.
The role reports into the Head of Operations and sits within the Logistics team working closely with the following departments: Warehouse, Drivers and Quality Control team.
Key skills required
- Able to use initiative and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Organised and able to multi-task.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable working within a team environment and independently.
- Logical thinker and natural problem solver.
- Strong communicator with Excellent customer service skills.
- Commercially focused and business oriented.
- Experience within a similar role is essential.
- UK and International logistics knowledge is essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel is essential.
- Ensuring that orders are processed and entered accurately onto appropriate systems.
- Ensuring that sufficient inbound stock is made available and allocated to meet outgoing orders.
- Dealing with customs paperwork and reporting when necessary.
- Organising appropriate shipping/transport to transport goods to the customer’s location.
- Completing the system entry to confirm final shipping and delivery.
- Raising invoices in the appropriate formats, and passing all necessary paperwork to the Finance team in an ordered and timely way.
- Keeping all paper and electronic records and filing up to date in “real time” at all times.
- Completing weekly and monthly reports as required (primarily using Excel).
- Assisting with electronic stock reconciliation and reporting.
- Participating in physical stock checks from time to time, at locations across the UK.
- Liaising and communicating with colleagues, suppliers, customers, ports, storage and transportation partners as necessary to ensure smooth operations at all times.
- Understanding and implementing Health & Safety, Environmental and other Regulatory procedures when necessary.
- Managing daily bookings for goods out and ensuring that we plan the most efficient routes
- Undertaking any other duties and tasks which are reasonably required by management.
To be considered for this role, you should be:
- Within commute of Acton, West London
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Knowledge of UK and International Delivery and Freight.
Please note, we do not use recruitment agencies to help source candidates, therefore only Direct applications will be considered.